Registrations for the 2024-2025 school year begin February 1, 2024.
Feeder School Students:
If you currently attend a feeder elementary school to Clayburn: Auguston, Mathxwi, Prince Charles, Sandy Hill (English only), Stenerson, or Swift, and live in the Clayburn catchment area, your child is automatically registered at Clayburn for September. Information regarding transitioning to Grade 6 will be communicated to you through your elementary school.
Registration Process for New Catchment Students:
Families can choose one of the following options to register:
- Email registration package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Drop off registration package – call 604-504-7007 to arrange a drop-off time.
Registration Process for Non-Catchment Students:
If you live outside of the Clayburn catchment, you must complete a New Registration Package below and include a signed non-catchment form (below). This must be done annually. Registration for non-catchment students begins February 1, 2024 at 8:30 am.
Registration Process for Students New to Canada:
If you are a permanent resident, temporary resident, or refugee claimant your children's eligibility to receive ministry funding for their Canadian education must be reviewed and approved prior to registering at school. More information can be found on the Abbotsford School District website: New to Canada Registration
Clayburn Band Program
Clayburn is pleased to offer an exciting band program to all students. Please see Band Information Letter below for more information. Please complete the below sign up form if your child is interested in our band program.
Documents for Registering:
Registration will be considered complete when a parent/guardian has provided the required documents:
- Registration Package
- Birth certificate or Passport
- Care Card
- Most recent report card
- Two proof of residency documents must be provided: Utility bill, Mortgage Document, Property Sale Agreement, Property Tax notice/Assessment, Revenue Canada, Credit Card Statement or Government document. Please note we do not accept Driver’s Licenses or Bank Statements as proof of address.
Families with children already registered in the school district will be able to provide their identification documents electronically, instead of in person.
Families new to our school district may complete and submit their registration documents electronically but they must book an appointment to provide original supporting documents in person. Please call 604-504-7007 to do so.
Registration Priority Order:
According to Abbotsford School District policy, the following priorities are used to determine the acceptance of students in a particular school:
- Catchment area students who attended the school during the previous school year
- New catchment area students.
- Non-catchment area students who attended the school during the previous year.
- New non-catchment area students (in district).
- Non-school district students.
School Bus Information:
Every year all school bus riders must register with the Transportation Department. Please visit the Abbotsford School District's Facilities & Transportation page for more information.
Please see the attached video for helpful tips on busing to school.